Location: San Francisco Bay Area. Email resume to jobs@DaybreakIT.com
Primary Objective of Position
Daybreak Information Technologies Inc. is targeting qualified candidates to be part of a dynamic IT team to primarily focus on Client Level 1 and Level 2 technical support. The role will provide end user device and laboratory computer support, handle helpdesk hardware/software queries by phone and e-mail, perform remote Client end user support, manage helpdesk ticketing, log all incidents, troubleshoot hardware and software in Windows/Mac environment, Windows administration, Office 365 administration, mobile device management and asset management. The role also includes administration of client applications and laboratory systems backup and recovery. Positions are based in San Mateo and will require travel to Client locations and based at Client locations as required
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide daily operations support at client site or remote support including telephone support, customer support call logging, reviewing production logs, diagnosing and fixing problems, and completing scheduled IT activities.
- Provide desktop, computer and device support to Clients.
- Manage all end-user calls through recording, analysis, escalation and close out.
- Ensure calls are processed in an effective and professional manner in line with best practices.
- Instruct Client users on basic application and personal productivity software functions.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment failures.
- Provide regular incident status updates and information on Client calls and queries.
- Perform tasks in accordance with technical procedures in a regulated environment.
- Escalate technical issues internally and be the escalation point of contact for all call related incidents.
- Escalate technical issues to external vendors when required.
- Administer and manage of network Accounts.
- Provide support for communications systems & networks.
- Install standalone and networked devices.
- Install applications following agreed protocols.
- Configure laptops and peripheral devices.
- Update all inventories and logs.
- Execute preventative maintenance tasks as required.
- Partner cross-functionally with infrastructure and application teams on projects.
- Continuously improve and maintain standards and policies.
- Maintain operational focus on continuous process improvement.
- Execute other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ideally a minimum 5 years of experience in an enterprise biotech or similar environment.
- Extensive and current operational hands-on experiences with client and mobile devices including network equipment.
- Expert level in troubleshooting software/hardware problems, identify root cause of issues in the Windows and Mac environment
- Have MCP certification or equivalent work experience
- Expert working knowledge of hardware, operating systems, networks and client applications.
- Knowledge of Wireless, WAN and Internet technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work effectively independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment while balancing multiple, sometimes competing priorities successfully.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Send your resume to jobs@DaybreakIT.com with a Subject Line “Resume for Position of Technical Specialist”